Home » HMS Victory 1:48 POF » Construction the Hold » Blog Construction the Hold -- 3

next< Page 3, 2, 1 >previous

 

29 october 2016

 

This morning I have Vic finally break free from its mold. This was quite a job, but she is now as it should be. After she was removed from the mold, I have all the frames from the outside even more controlled. I have to refresh a framer because it cracked in the corner. In itself not mind, because this is precisely one of the frames behind the bow which twist and curve is not good.

 

Vic was first an old house table, but I found really too low and too big. Today we are going to get a new workbench with grandchildren and we have put together all together. So I have some more space in the workshop and Vic is now much higher. In addition, the workbench is a lot narrower, it also works more pleasant.

Actually, this is the last post in this blog. The boarding of the hold has now been completed and I can focus now me outside. Next week I'm going to her place on the other mold and start sanding the bottom

First we look a few times in the workshop. If you come walk in, you immediately see a ship with quite impressive dimensions. That's a very different picture than a large mold, where something of a ship is in.

_________________

Regards,

 

Henk 

 

 

 

28 october 2016

 

Last week I made the standard where Vic upside can hang on. This way I can soon sanding the bottom.

 After that I started to fix the frames, which are fixed between two slats. Tomorrow she goes out of the mold and can stand loose on the bottom plate.

Almost all of the frames are good and can be drawn in a single line. I'm just not happy with the top part of some frames, just behind the bow. 
These will be adjusted once the mold is sanded on the bottom and I'm going to work upwards.

 

_________________

Regards,

 

Henk 

 

 

23 october 2016

 

This weekend started the work to get Vic out its first mold. Would it still be able to let her into this mold, but it works a little easier if I could put her in various positions.

 

Before I can get her permanently from this mold, three components must be ready and, as usual, I want everything looks good. It should not be a mess.

The first part is the fixing of the frames, especially the upper part. I started to fix the frames in the bow. I made a bow from MDF Wood to tighten the inside, so that the mold on the outside can go. The drames are put with a strong yarn fixed to the bow and the yarns are again fixed with wood gleu. I can now start with the frames on the sides.

Secondly I would like Vic can place the current bottom plate, without the support of the floating plate. The keel state over the entire length on the bottom plate and is clamped between the two slats. In order to prevent that they may be inclined to the side, 2 supports are places on either side.

 

The third and final part I make a standard which Vic can be placed upside down. This way I can easily lower the barns, board, etc.

 

So there is still some work to do before I can finally get her out of the mold.

 

_________________

Regards,

 

Henk 

 

 

20 october 2016

 

Planking of the hold is complete and the Steps are placed. I was tonight a lot of sanding, until my wife came in. I got an immediate ban on further sanding. She knows that I want everything slippery, but hold of the real Vic is also not mirror smooth finish. People should be able to immerse themselves in the Old Vic when they look at your Vic ........she spoke. The checks are therefore good.

This weekend I make all the preparations to get her out of the mold.
 

_________________

Regards,

 

Henk